The vineyard of Château Fourcas Dupré is located on a crest of Pyrenean gravel soil at an altitude of 42 meters. This very special location gave its name to this special “Cuvée”, being the highest point of Médoc in altitude. It is an uninterrupted plot.
These days everything is done (vineyard draining, grape varieties adapted to the soil, limited production) to show a perfect example of this unique terroir.
The special blend is an extension of the Grand Vin, Château Fourcas Dupré, member of the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, in a modern light. The high proportion of Merlot makes it slightly unusual but at the same time appealing and mouth-watering. A fine purple-red wine, elegant, with a slightly smoky blackcurrant fruit, revealed by a smooth extraction.
Appellation (AOP): LISTRAC-MEDOC
- Alcohol: 12,84°
- PH: 3,77
- Total Acidity: 3,05
- Grape Varieties: Merlot 50 %, Cabernet Sauvignon 50 %
- Yield: 48 hl/h
- Soil: Pyrenean gravel mixed with clay and limestone
- Production: 8 500 bottles
- Average age of the vineyard: over 25 years
- Harvest starting date: September 28th
- Average Density: over 8 500 vines per hectare
- Oenologist: Eric Boissenot
- Ageing of the wine: 50 % in vats, 50 % in barrels