Château Fourcas Dupré was born in 1843 and since that time has been considered as one of the leading estates from Listrac-Médoc. The vineyard is a one piece vineyard of 46 hectares located on a great crest of Pyrenean gravel soil (80%) and clay and limestone.
The wine have a remarquable ability to age and have a very defined style: intense fruit, minerality (earthiness), complexity, spices, roasted and cedar notes. The wine making clearly focus on balance and elegance, which is considered to be in total harmony with the terroir of Fourcas Dupré.
Château Fourcas Dupré is member of the prestigious Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux.
Appellation (AOP): LISTRAC-MEDOC
- Alcohol: 13,09°
- PH: 3,65
- Total Acidity: 3,30
- Grape Varieties: 47 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 53 % Merlot
- Yield: 48 hl/h
- Soil: Pyrenean gravels (80 %) and clay and limestone (20 %).
- Production: 8 000 bottles
- Harvest starting date: September 28th
- Average age of the vineyard: more than 35 years
- Average density: 8 350 vines per hectare
- Ageing: 12 month in French oak barrels including 33 % of new
- Oenologist: Eric Boissenot
Rich, with voluptuous tannins and generous fruit flavours.