- Grapes: 100% Syrah
- Vineyards: The Syrah grapes are sourced at some of best of plots in the Dishon & Ben-Zimra vineyards located in the Upper Galilee.
- Harvest: the grapes are carefully selected & hand harvested in early morning hours to make sure only the very best fruit is picked and arrives to the winery in perfect condition.
- Vinification: At the winery the grapes are desteemed then cold macerated for 48 hours in order to extract colour & varietal character. The fermentation takes place at 25-26 degrees for 12 days with regular remontage. The wine is then racked of its lees and transferred to the cellars for maturation.
- Maturation: 13 months in French (85% ) & American (15%) oak barrels.
- Ageing Potential: Drinks well now but will improve over the next 8 to 10 years.
Deep Royal Purple, full-bodied and concentrated with blacknerries, black cherries, red plums and wild berries, those supported by notes of spring flowers.
This Syrah is a great complement for a hanger steak marinated with a balsamic cherry reduction sauce.